Span America PressureGuard APM Mattress
Unlike other alternating pressure mattresses, the PressureGuard® APM won't create extreme pressure gradients between inflated and deflated cylinders.
On top, the Geo-Matt® anti-shearing surface forms a comfortable, therapeutic interface between the air system and the user. It absorbs and smooths sharp pressure drop-offs that other surfaces can't, while the air system does the "heavy lifting" below, alternating weight bearing across the surface in ten-minute cycles. Other standard PressureGuard® features include the exclusive Heel Slope™ taper, and two-part Safety-Edge bolster system for added stability when sitting or transferring.
- Cover: The bacteriostatic top fabric is fire resistant, fluidproof, tear resistant, cleanable, and replaceable. The pleated design allows full integration with the mattress's Geo-Matt style shear-relieving surface while minimizing hammocking.
- Foam Topper: The exclusive Geo-Matt style foam topper is a high density, medical grade foam. The unique geometric design consists of over 800 individual cells, each of which acts individually to redistribute pressure, to reduce heat and moisture buildup on the skin, and to reduce shear to underlying tissues. This foam topper is 2" in height and includes the unique Heel Slope feature, designed to further reduce pressure for the sensitive heel area.
- Safety Edge Bolsters: The Safety Edge consists of a firm 2-part foam bolster whose inner edge contours under pressure to direct the patient towards the center of the mattress. This adds to patient stability in sitting and lying down, and helps prevent falls and entrapment between the siderail and the mattress.
- Air Cylinders: The inflation system consists of four urethane air cylinders that run head to foot underneath the body and the foam topper. These cylinders perform the alternating pressure therapy, Cylinders inflate and deflate in a fixed 10-minute cycle. Inflation levels are designed to provide and maintain low interface pressures throughout the mattress, and to redistribute peak interface pressure points during the alternating cycle.
- Control Unit: Comfort Dial on the Control Unit changes pressures inside the cylinders within a small but perceptible range. This gives the patient some control over firmness, without compromising pressure redistribution or causing bottoming out.
Prevention and Ulcer Treatment: High Risk to Multiple Stage
Alternating Pressure: Yes
Low Air Loss: N/A
Mattress Size: 36" x 80", 75" or 84" x 7"
Mattress Cover: Bacteriostatic top fabric is fire resistant, fluidproof, tear resistant, cleanable, and replaceable.
Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
Cycle Times: N/A
Warranty: 18 Months